How to check Gabon e Visa
The Gabon visa application form should be completed on-line and include a copy of the passport data page, the date of validity of at least six months
Travel Visa for Gabon
The travel visa for Gabon is easy to get, with virtually everyone who travels South getting it in Lomé, Togo. A one month visa costs FCFA50,000.00 XAF. A two month visa is twice as much, and a three month is triple. The visa can normally be collected the day after you apply, though you can pay an extra FCFA15,000.00 XAF to pick it up the same day. Gabon Extensions refer to visa extension page
Gabon Visa Required Paperwork
Gabon e-Visa Requirements
- Passport valid for at least six months from arrival date
- Applicant recent face photograph, passport-style
- International passport biopage
- Proof of Accommodation
- Travel Itinerary
- Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or invitation letter for business/family visits.
- Yellow Fever Certificate check with WHO website
Entering Gabon with a Car or Motorbike
Entry with a Carnet de Passage is free, the passavant costs CFA10,000.00 XOF, Permitted length of stay With a passavant it's one month.
Gabon Car or Motorbike Required Paperwork
- Passport of registered owner.
- Drivers license of registered owner.
- Original vehicle registration.
- Proof of vehicle insurance - they might not ask for it, but it’s better to have it.
- (OPTIONAL) Carnet de Passage
- (Only required for two borders near Bitam) Printed hotel reservation with telephone number.
Process at border
- Get yourself stamped in at Immigration.
- Go to Douane to get a temporary import for the vehicle. Using the vehicle registration the officer will write out a Passavant, valid for one month.
- If you have a Carnet de Passage, you don't need the Passavant.
- If you arrive at borders that are North or West of Bitam then you'll need a printed hotel reservation. They phone the hotel to check the reservation. They write a fiche and instruct you to visit immigration in Bitam where a passport photo copy and fiche are handed over to get your passport stamped. Check online Gabon OverLand for more information
Gabon Cost of entry
Entry with a Carnet de Passage is free, the passavant costs CFA10,000.00 XOF
Exiting with a vehicle
- Get yourself stamped out at Immigration.
- Get your Carnet de Passage stamped out if you have one.
All should be free, do not pay for this.